Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Face of the Day April 13


*Click photos to enlarge *
Yesterday I felt like wearing some natural makeup with an emphasis on creating glowing cheeks and semi-glossy, rosy toned lips. In these pictures, you can see that I recently lightened my hair a few shades as well.

Here is what I used:


Face: I used my beloved Nars Sheer Glow. It is the only foundation I own that matches my skin color 100%. I then used my trusty MAC studio sculpt concealer in NW20 under my eyes. I piled on  heaps of MAC's "Warm Soul" blush (I honestly think that it's the color VS models wear on their cheeks all the time).  I topped it off with Dior shimmer powder in "Amber Diamond". I'll show you guys close ups of the blush and highlighter (click on them to enlarge!):

Dior "Amber Diamond"

 MAC mineralize blush, "Warm Soul"

Eyes: To get my neutral eyeshadow look, I applied MAC's "blanc type" all over (the best matte white of all time), and then popped some "Soft Brown" eyeshadow in the crease. This color is a warmer toned brown than what I'm used to. I love it, however. I finished it off by popping some "shroom" in the inner corners of my eyes. I piled on a ton of L'oreals collagen mascara. It makes your eyelashes look fluffy and full, but not much thicker than usual. I cheated and applied a coat of CG lashblast (not pictured above) over the top of it to get the really dramatic effect I love. I lined my waterlines with Benefit "bright eyes" eye pencil and called it a day.

Lips: I just swiped on some of my YSL lipgloss in the color "golden purple" and sheered it out to get a more toned down, wearable color. I normally hate lipgloss, but not this one. It has a gorgeous melon scent that I can't get enough of, and it's incredibly moisturizing and long lasting. I need to wear it more!

I love you all <3

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, i'm loving Warm Soul, its all i'm wearing at the mo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It's actually quite similar to what I wear on a daily basis. I think you may be right about warm soul and VS models. It has that pretty sheen they always have and the colour seems perfect for their look. I'm wearing it tomorrow haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember telling you awhile ago "blah, blah, blah I want Warm Soul", but now I am *positive* that I *need* Warm Soul. You sell it better than Tanya Burr, that's for sure. It's funny how a few swipes of some pressed pigment can enhance one's complexion so beautifully. Alsoooo....gosh those lashes! I know you hear it about 7465 times a day, but really now! They're unbelievable xxxxx

    ReplyDelete